Freshly Made Sketches #38

Hey Everyone

Stampin’ Up! in Australia recently had a special that if you purchased three packs of DSP you received a fourth one free.  I’m a sucker for a special so I took advantage of this offer. One of the packs I got was Pocketful of Posies, one that I’d never even taken notice of before.  I decided to open it today and found I really love a lot of the papers in there!  I found this great sketch by Linda at Freshly Made Sketches and christened my new DSP.

I used an old favourite stamp set that is now retired – Echoes of Kindness.  I stamped the flower and then cut it out.  I then stamped it a second time and coloured in every 2nd petal.  I then cut out the coloured ones and raised them up – not sure if you can see the raised petals in the photo but it looks really effective in real life.  Here’s my card:

Thanks for stopping by.

Products Used:
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Pocketful of Posies DSP, Rich Razzleberry DSP
Ink: Rick Razzleberry
Stamp Sets: Echoes of Kindess (retired), Sincere Salutations
Other Products: Antique Brad, Rich Razzleberry Grograin Ribbon (retired)

Cheers

Narelle

About these ads
This entry was posted in By Theme - Female Cards, Challenge - Freshly Made Sketches and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Freshly Made Sketches #38

1. Kit Marie says:

Beautifully done! I love all of the extra layers, the dimensional flower, the beautiful color, and the ribbon treatment…. everything! TU for explaining how you made the cut out flower so special. Kit Marie

2. I’m with you – never turn down a special :) This is gorgeous! love the colors and the popped up flower – beautifully done!

3. judy says:

Really pretty card ,love how you have cut and raised the flower !

4. Jen Mitchell says:

Wow, this is just beautiful. The monochromatic color scheme is so eye-catching. I can only imagine how gorgeous it looks in real life!

5. Jen Sannes says:

Holy cow! This card is a stunner – and I am amazed that you cut out that intricate flower. :) An absolutely gorgeous creation. Thanks for playing along with this week’s sketch.

6. annschach says:

Beautiful, as always, Narelle! I love the color! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

7. Allison B says:

So beautiful! Love the raised floral and the monotone colour scheme.

8. Simply stunning, Narelle! Everything about this is elegant. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!